Newton Performing Arts Center is a nonprofit entertainment venue. This is an historic Art Deco 504 seat theater located in the heart of Catawba County. We are self-supporting, NewtonPAC presents commercial programming and rent facilities to for-profit organizations.
Job Description: Event/Rental Staff are under the direction of our Executive Director. The primary objectives of Event/Rental Staff are to greet guests upon arrival, acknowledge the appropriate admission badge or credential and allow only authorized guests’ entry into the venue. Responsibilities also include providing general information and assistance to guests. As an integral member of our team, this position will help enforce the policies and procedures of NewtonPAC. When working a facility rental staff open the building for rental events, interact with rental clients during event, make sure equipment and doors are secure when event is over. He/she should possess the ability to work independently and as a team member. Event Staff should possess the willingness and flexibility to work with a diverse population of guests, vendors, clients and NewtonPAC staff. Hours are for nights and weekends nights and weekends.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Allow appropriate entry into building. Greet guests and address any questions or concerns.
- Consistently survey work areas for any hazards or issues that may exist/arise.
- Keep aisles clear of guests during performances.
- Assist in the exiting of all guests after a performance is over.
- Assist with events/rentals entry and departure while providing a secure environment during stay on property.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the policies and regulations of the facility and enforce policies and procedures of NewtonPAC
- Working as ushers and ensuring that seating arrangements adhere to fire code regulations.
- Ensuring the facility is clean and organized.
- Adhering to event safety standards.
- Ensuring excellent levels of customer service.
- Assuming the role of Ticket Taker and welcoming guests.
- Working at a concession stand and serving food and drinks.
- Dispensing useful information to attendees.
- Inspecting equipment for damage after use and checking it against an inventory list.
- Packing up equipment and facility cleaning when the event is completed.
- High School graduate
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Experience in prior customer service preferred
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills
- Experience dealing effectively with conflict
- 18 years of age or older
Schedule & Working Conditions: This is a part-time position and hours vary based on event schedule. Flexibility and willingness to work long and irregular hours and days, evenings, and weekends as needed.
- Standing and walking for extended lengths of time.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling and moving objects up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to make quick decisions in a fast paced environment.
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligence and attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a friendly demeanor
- Physical stamina and high energy levels
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to perform under stress
- Excellent multitasking ability
- Conflict Management skill
- Professional demeanor and appearance at all times
- Ability to learn, understand, and follow oral/written instructions and directions clearly and communicate procedures articulately
- Team player who is able to work well with others in sometimes stressful environments
- Mature judgement and professionalism in handling all matters
- Ability to be punctual
- Reliable transportation
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $14.00 per hour