The Newton Performing Arts Center, formerly Newton-Conover Auditorium, contributes to the economic, cultural, and social well-being of Catawba County by providing a place for the community to take part in arts education and performance. This is a 501(c)3 Non Profit organization.
• Provides classroom space for cultural, visual, and performing arts;
• Provides competent and professional staff to oversee operations;
• Offers a state of the art performance facility;
• Obtains funding through public, private, and government sectors to maintain the facility.
The NewArt School cultivates creativity and enriches the community by offering quality visual, performing, and cultural arts education for all ages and abilities.
• Develops imaginative programming in response to the needs and desires of the community;
• Contracts top quality artisans and instructors for its faculty, and supports them in their creative endeavors;
• Pursues the goal of offering scholarships and grants for a need-blind admissions policy;
• And provides an outreach programs to reach the underserved areas of the Catawba Valley.